Programming in C#, IV
Syllabus for students spring 2020
- Course Code:
- DA209E revision 1
- Swedish name:
- Programmering med C#, IV
- Level of specialisation
- Main fields of study:
- No main fields
- Date of ratification:
- 15 February 2019
- Decision-making body:
- Faculty of Technology and Society
- Enforcement date:
- 20 January 2020
- A minimum of 22.5 credits of programming in C#.
- English B/English 6 from Swedish upper secondary school, or equivalent.
Specialisation and progression relative to the degree regulations
Single subject course.
This course aims to teach students with prior programming skills in C# and .NET-technologies to develop advanced web applications with ASP.NET and its variants such as ASP.NET MVC, .NET Core MVC and Web APIs. The course will help students to focus on coding activities that enhance the usability, scalability, and performance of a web application.
The course covers the following main topics:
- HTML and CSS
- ASP.NET Web Pages
- ASP.NET MVC
- ASP.NET Core MVC
- ASP.NET and .NET Core Web API
Knowledge and understanding
Upon successful completion of this course, the student should be able to demonstrate knowledge of:
- designing, developing and deploying web applications based on .NET- technologies,
- the Model-View-Controller (MVC) pattern in .NET.
Upon successful completion of this course, students should be able to:
- create interactive web-based applications using ASP.NET, Web Forms, Master Pages, Web APIs, and ASP.NET Core,
- create web applications using ASP.NET MVC and .NET Core MVC.
Upon successful completion of this course, students should:
- show awareness of the standards, and modern web-based .NET technologies
- show the ability to evaluate and compare solutions based on the different ASP.NET platforms.
The course consists of lectures, programming exercises, quizzes and assignments.
Distance learning: The education is offered exclusively online; attendance or other physical presence is neither planned nor required. Students are expected to have access to a computer with Windows and Internet connection.
Requirements for Pass (A-E): Passed grade in Assignment Part 1 (4 credits), Part 2 (2 credits), and passed quizzes (1.5 credits).
The final course grade will be based on a weighted result of all individual assignments.
Excellent (A), Very Good (B), Good (C), Satisfactory (D), Pass (E) or Fail (U).
Course literature and other teaching materials
- Freeman A., "Pro ASP.NET Core MVC 2", APress, 7th Edition, 2017.
Higher education institutions shall enable students who are participating in or have completed a course to express their experiences and views on the course through a course evaluation to be organized by the higher education institution. The higher education institution shall collate the course evaluations and provide information about their results and any actions prompted by the course evaluations. The results shall be made available to the students.” (HF 1:14).
In a case when a course is no longer given, or the contents have been changed essentially, the student has the right to be examined twice during a one year period, according to the course plan which was valid at the time of registration.
This course is given in English. All educational materials will be in English.